It can be so easy to focus on “stuff,” rather than the main reason for us being alive – relationship with God.
“Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.” Matthew 6:33 MSG
What is really important to you?
Being afraid of missing out actually pushes God out of first place – whether we mean for this to happen, or not. This is because we still try to strive to get everything done and so we are not actively focusing on Him.
Yet, this scripture realigns our thinking – God is the one who supplies our everyday needs, so just concentrate on your relationship with Him and not worry about everything else.
I have found there are five things in life that when I focus on this order, everything just seems to fall into place…
- God – He has to be first else life just gets too hard!
- Family – sometimes we forget that it is ok to pick your Husband/partner or your child/ren over other things.
- Ministry / Work – what ever God has called you to do, this comes next, but read point two again!
- Recreation – what do YOU enjoy doing? Walking, painting, reading…etc. Allow yourself time to breathe.
- Exercise – don’t hate me! But this is important for our minds and our bodies to focus and remain healthy. After all, God lives in us!